Cemetery Decoration Policies:
Floral policies have been enacted in order to permit floral placement but in an orderly manner that enables the Cemetery to maintain the grounds. The Cemetery enforces the following policies and asks for your cooperation.
Fresh-Cut Floral Arrangements
- Fresh cut flowers are permitted year-round.
- Fresh cut flowers must be placed in Bronze Memorial Vases (plantings in vases are prohibited).
- All fresh cut flowers are subject to removal and disposal upon browning.
- All artificial/plastic flowers are permitted at grave sites only from November 1st through April 14th.
- All artificial/plastic flowers will be removed and disposed of beginning April 15th.
- No artificial/plastic flowers that have been removed from graves sites will be saved or stockpiled. It is the responsibility of the lot owner to remove them if they are to be saved.
- Balloons, wooden crosses, statuettes, remembrance trinkets and other similar decorations are prohibited at all times and are subject to immediate removal.
- Glass Containers are prohibited at all times.
- Potted Plants are permitted only for the following holidays: (a) Easter (see more on Easter decorations below), (b) Mother’s Day, (c) Memorial Day and (d) Father’s Day.
- Potted Plants can be set three (3) days before the holiday and are subject to removal ten (10) days following the holiday. Potted plants will not be saved or stockpiled. It is the responsibility of the lot owner to remove them if they are to be saved. (please see exceptions for Easter 2022 below)
- Easter is an extraordinary decoration holiday. Sometimes it falls very early in the spring and sometimes later. If it falls later than April 15th, then lot owners and visitors must observe the prohibition on artificial/plastic flowers. In other words, decorations for Easter when it falls after April 15th is limited to fresh cut flowers or potted plants. Please note: This is necessary because after the 15th of April, our Grounds Staff will be actively mowing the gardens and artificial decorations become safety hazards. Please note: Due to the timing of Easter in 2022, the following guidelines will take place: All artificial flowers, decorations and potted plants will be removed from the gardens beginning Friday, April 22nd. If you wish to keep any artificial flowers, decorations or potted plants you have placed for a loved one, please have it removed by gate closing (8:00 PM) on Thursday, April 21st.
- Christmas Decorations are permitted beginning on Thanksgiving Day and will be removed on February 1st. Christmas decorations will not be saved or stockpiled. It is the responsibility of the lot owner to remove them if they are to be saved.
- American Flags are may be placed at grave sites on the following holidays: (a) Memorial Day, (b) Flag Day, (c) Independence Day, (d) Labor Day, (e) Veterans Day. Flags can be set three (3) days before the holiday and are subject to removal ten (10) following the holiday.
- Because Memorial Day, Flag Day and Independence Day fall so closely to each other, the Cemetery permits American Flags to be placed three (3) days prior to Memorial Day and remain through July 14th at which time they will be removed.
- Decorations are subject to immediate removal, on sight, if they do not comply with our decoration policies.
- Decorations are subject to immediate removal if they interfere with ground care or other maintenance tasks.
- Wires and wire frames or other materials are prohibited from holding decorations in place.
- Any and all decorations attached to crypt fronts are prohibited.
- Coins placed on crypt and niche fronts are strictly prohibited and will be removed immediately.
- floral decorations must be placed through the Cemetery’s Floral Guild. Floral settings will be placed in central locations throughout the mausoleum complex – contact the Cemetery for more information