(513) 521-7003 – AVAILABLE 24/7


Immediate Assistance

Immediate assistance



Immediate Assistance
photo of small purple and pink flowers

Organizations to Contact After a Death

When a family member or friend dies, it is important to notify various agencies should be notified promptly after death to reduce the risk of identity theft.

If the decedent lived alone, uncollected mail might accumulate and attract unwanted attention. To forward the decedent’s mail to another address, the executor or administrator of the decedent’s estate needs to obtain a change of address form (USPS Form 3575) either online or at the local Post Office location, fill it out and file it. This can be done online or in person. You will need to certify on the form that you are the person who has been appointed by the probate court to act as executor or administrator of the estate.

Financial Companies

  • Credit Card and merchant card companies
  • Banks, savings and Loan associations, and Credit Unions
  • Mortgage Companies and Lenders
  • Financial Planners and Stockbrokers
  • Pension Providers

Insurance and Annuity Companies

  • Life Insurers and Annuity Companies
  • Health, Medical and Dental Insurers
  • Disability Insurer
  • Automotive Insurer
  • Mutual Benefit Companies

Additional companies and organizations that may need to be contacted include:

  • Professional Associations and Unions
  • Health Clubs and Athletic Clubs
  • Automobile Clubs
  • Public Library
  • Alumni Clubs
  • Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, Veterans’ Organizations and Clubs